Let me tell you, this stuff is AMAZING! My sister in law made it for me when I had Jonah. I was eating it and thought I must have had five days of hospital food because this stuff is unreal. But I have made it again and again and it just really is that good. Anyone I make it for raves and chows it down. As one of the missionaries said the other day, "I thought I thought I was going to hate that but it was like the best thing I've ever had". Have I convinced you yet, let me finish by saying it comes together really fast and easy, make great for left over and did I mention it is delish!
:side note, it is called salad, yet its a warm dish, you figure that one out:
- 5 cups cooked rice, warm or at room temperature (white, brown, wild rice or a combination!)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 (15-oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-oz.) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups cooked, cubed chicken
- 1 (12-oz.) can corn, drained
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 4 pickled jalepeno pepper rounds (found in the glass jars next to the olives, usually)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Combine all of the salad ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Combine dressing ingredients in blender until peppers are finely minced. Toss with salad. Serve warm or at room temperature.
I think all my current favorite recipes include this beauty.