1 c flat beer (incase you don't have any of this laying around, you can use white grape juice)
1 c self rising flour (or add 1 t baking powder to 1 c flour)
2 c coconut
2 T sugar (i used agave)
1/2 t salt
12 jumbo shrimp (raw)
1. Combine beer, flour, 1 c coconut, sugar, and salt. Mix well then refrigerate for 1 hour.
2. Prepare marmalade by adding all 4 ingredients together and refrigerate.
3. Peel shell off shrimp leaving tail. Dry shrimp on paper towel then sprinkle with paprika.
**The batter will stick better to the shrimp if the shrimp is as dry as you can get it.
4. Pour remaining coconut in shallow bowl.
5. Prepare oil for frying. (I used coconut oil)
6. Dip one shrimp at a time into batter, coating generously.
7. Drop shrimp into coconut and roll it around so it is well coated.
8. Fry shrimp 2-3 mins until golden brown.
9. Drain on paper towel.
** The coconut or batter that might fall off the shrimp while frying will continue to cook (and stick up your house) if you don't scoop it out occasionally.
1/2 c orange marmalade (apricot jam works well too)
2 t ground mustard
1 t horseradish