CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 1, 2010

Chicken Enchiladas

Ok so I have a little idea for everyone who posts on this blog. I have the hardest time coming up with ideas for meals and I have a very few that I have memorized. So I think we should all try to post one recipe that we frequently make that we already have memorized. Probably just the first recipe that comes to your mind. It is probably one of your favorites or easy to make or you have it regularly but I think if I could get everyone's ideas, it might help me! So here goes...

Chicken Enchiladas

1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup of sour cream (I use fat free and can't tell the difference)
1 small can diced green chili's, drained
2 chicken breasts boiled and cut up or shredded
cheese (whichever you prefer, we use cheddar or colby jack)
6-8 flour tortillas
salsa (optional)

Boil chicken breasts and cup up or shred.
Mix cream of chicken soup with sour cream, diced chili's, and a dollop (aka Tbsp or 2) of salsa (completely optional with the salsa, sometimes I do this and sometimes I don't, just depends on my mood).
Spread a thin layer of the sauce mix on bottom of 9 x 13 pan.
On each tortilla spread a line of sauce mix down the tortilla. Spread a line of chicken on top of the sauce and sprinkle shredded cheese on top of that. Fold tortillas in at end and roll into enchilada wrap. Place in pan and spread remaining sauce mix over the top of tortillas. Sprinkle a layer on cheese on top of that and cover with foil.

Bake in oven at 350 for about 45 min to and hour. I take off the foil the last 5 minutes to brown the top a little. Enjoy!

0 comments: