I found this recipe on Pinterest and tweaked it a bit to my liking...
- 1 can diced green chilies
- green salsa (about 1/2 cup)
- 4 cloves minced garlic (or garlic powder if desired)
- 1 1/2 Tb chili powder
- 3 T lime juice
- 1 diced medium onion
- 2 lbs chicken breasts or tenderloins, boneless/skinless
- brown sugar (to your liking-I used about 1/3 cup)
- 1 can refried beans, warmed
- Desired toppings: lettuce, cheese, salsa, sour cream, olives
- 10 Tostada shells
- Put Chicken and onion in crockpot.
- In bowl, combine chillies, garlic, chili powder, lime juice, green salsa.
- Pour over chicken
- Cook on low 5-6 hours
- Remove chicken to Kitchenaid with paddle, turn on to shred for a few seconds.
- I wanted the chicken a little sweeter so I added brown sugar to the sauce here.
- Add 1/2-3/4 c juice from crockpot to chicken.
- Layer on tostada shells: refried beans, chicken, etc.
Also, if you happen to have a favorite recipe for black bean, corn, and avocado salsa-ADD IT! It was SUCH a good topping on these.