CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 11, 2011

Black Beans


Do you want to feel like a rock star? Who doesn't??? I've recently started making my own beans, using the dry ones that you buy in the big can at the cannery. It's so easy and makes me feel like such a Susie Homemaker. Here's the recipe I use for black beans. We put them in soup, salsa, Cafe Rio copy salads, or serve them as a side dish.

Black Beans
1 cup dry black beans
3 1/2 cups water
2 tablespoons diced green chilis
1/4 cup diced white onion
1/4 cup picante sauce
1 tablespoon oregano
1 teaspoon each garlic, chili powder and salt
1 chicken bullion cube
1/2 tsp pepper

Put all ingredients in a crock pot and cook on high for around 5 hours. Check it occasionally because sometimes it needs more water. I usually double the batch and freeze half of it.

0 comments: