CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

GFCF Waffles


My sister and her entire family is on a very strict "GFCF" (Gluten free, Casein Free) diet. Which basically means that they don't eat any milk products or anything with wheat in it. While I am not doing their diet, I am trying to incorporate it in my own with moderation. I got this recipe from my brother-in-law, who is starting up his own business making pre-made mixes for people on the gfcf diet (he calls his company "Dr. Delicious") . The ingredients are different, and if you want to make them, you will have to go to a whole foods store to get it, but these waffles are really yummy! Dan even craves them. :0)
1 C. Garbanzo Bean Flour
1 C. Corn Starch
2 1/4 C. White Rice Flour
1 1/4 C. Tapioca Flour
4 T. Sugar
1 tsp. Salt
2 tsp. Baking Powder
4 T. Milled Flaxseed**
1 1/3 C. Rice Milk
1 C. Water
1/2 C. Oil
2-3 T. Ground Cinnamon
** You may substitute milled flaxseed for 4 eggs, OR 1 C. applesauce.
Another thing about this recipe: DO NOT taste the batter- it tastes like dirt.
Also, these are very filling! I can barely eat one square, and I am full. So I freeze the leftovers for homemade eggos.

0 comments: